For three years, Madison Avenue-based Social Studies Inc. has been the influencer agency of record for Panera Bread, supporting the brand in evolving, engaging, and embracing a diverse customer base via the use of hundreds of micro-influencer content creators of all sizes, from all regions, and with every imaginable categorical focus.
Together in 2019 alone, Panera and Social Studies have:
- Activated 26 campaigns
- Worked with 461 micro-influencers
- Created 1,388 social posts that have been repurposed across the brand’s owned and operated channels
- Generated 13MM impressions
Social Studies Inc. has used its propriety expertise to redefine influencer marketing. Using an “always on” 360 strategic approach and moving away from standalone campaigns has allowed for a carefully crafted and seamless partnership with Panera. By finding, activating, and managing a diverse group of micro-influencers nationwide to create large scale premium content on a consistent basis, we have effectively executed premium launches like “Panera Delivery” and spread awareness around important cultural tentpoles like “Friendsgiving”. We have done everything from assisting new menu launches to finding the right talent to help reframe Panera’s sensibility to college students as a go-to destination for finals studying.
Over the course of the partnership, Social Studies has identified, sourced, benchmarked, briefed, and activated more than a dozen highly engaged niche social media communities for everything from national programs, local market testing, influencer dinners, and surprise and delight moments.
In 2019 Alone:
- Panera micro-influencer content achieved an average engagement rate of 4.85% (3x industry average)
- 88% of programs over-performed the industry average
- 84% of programs over-performed the dining category average